The Polk Fresh Farm Tour is this Saturday 9/22
Now that you’ve purchased your FARM TOUR tickets, what’s next?
Well, if you have purchased a Guided Tour ticket, you will want to be sure you are at the Mill Spring Center around 9:00am so you can stop into the farm store to pick up a complimentary cup of Kudzu Tea and make any last minute purchases to nibble on along the way. Then, head out to the tour bus the lower level of the parking area so the bus can leave promptly at 9:30am. The bus should return no
later than 2:30pm to the MSAC.
If you have a Vehicle Pass, you are in control of your day. It is suggested that you take a little bit of prior to Saturday to review all of the participants, their times and their location so that you can maximize your day. We suggest you choose the top (5) five places you want to see & fill in from there. A map, well as a detailed list of what each stop is offering, is available at www.polkcountyfarms.org.
FARM TOUR books as well as Maps will be provided at each of the stops along the Tour on Saturday.
The Day’s Events:
- 8:00am Columbus Farmer’s Market Opens
- 9:00am leap Farms, Silver Creek Cattle, Found Feather Farm, Achin Back Acres, Beneficial Foods Market at Adawehi, MSAC & PolkFresh Farm Store open for visitors (complimentary Kudzu Chai Tea offered at Farm Store)
- 9:30am Guided Tour Bus leaves Ag Center lower level parking lot
- 10:00am Emerald Springs Farm, Nelon Knoll/Vandele Farms, Restoration Farm & AP Williams open for visitors, Collect Eggs at Achin’ Back Acres
- 11:00am Goat Milking Demonstration at Emerald Spring Farm, Check on the Cows at Achin’ Back Acres
- 11:30am Guided Tour at Sunny Creek Sprout Farm (1 hour), Giardini Trattoria begins FARM TOUR lunch special
- 12:00pm Overmountain Winery (complimentary Rose Wine til 6pm and wood-fired pizza til 3pm), Parker-Binns (complimentary sangria til 6pm) & Cooper Riis Driving Tour open for visitors. Achin’ Back Acres will round pen the horses & prepare for Pony Rides.
- 1:00pm Green Creek Winery open (offering complimentary Chardonnay wine, grape juice, wine ice cream & wine cake til 6pm), Achin Back Acres offering free pony rides for the kids, Emerald Springs Farm giving Aquaponic greenhouse tours featuring Tilapia & Vegetables, Guided Tour at Sunny Creek Sprout Farm (1 hour)
- 2:00pm Mill Spring Ag Center Blacksmithing Exhibit
- 2:30pm Last Guided Tour at Sunny Creek Sprout Farm (1 hour)
- 3:00pm Collect Eggs at Achin’ Back Acres
- 4:00pm Feed the Animals at Achin’ Back Acres
- 4:30pm Mill Spring Ag Center- Slow Food Foothills meeting/potluck til 6:30pm (open to all)
If you have not purchased your Farm Tour tickets yet, don’t worry, Vehicle Passes will be sold on site at the following locations (Mill Spring Ag Center’s Farm Store, Nelon Knoll, Achin Back Acres & Overmountain Winery ) for $30 cash or check only. All proceeds for the FARM TOUR go to benefit the Mill Spring Agricultural Development Center’s efforts continue restoration on the original 1928 Mill Spring High School Building. For information on the FARM TOUR contact Mindy Wiener ([email protected]) or call PolkFresh Farm Store direct 828-894-8028.