I’ve been meaning to thank a group of restaurants and other food vendors for a long time now. They came together to cater an event at Blue Ridge Distilling Company in Golden Valley, NC., and tastefully served up a delicious sampling of Rutherford County cuisine from appetizers to desserts.
The Distillery did a great job setting up the room for a dinner. A nice preview of what’s possible using this venue for an event.
Many of these places are now on my must visit “short list”.
Here’s the menu and who provided each item:
- Black Bean Hummus – Barley’s Taproom, Spindale
- Pimento Cheese Bites – The Fountain at Smith’s Drug Store, Forest City
- Roasted Red pepper Soup – Medina’s Village Bistro, Chimney Rock
- Herbed Cheesecake w/Crackers –Michele’s Garden, Rutherfordton
- Apple, Walnut and Blue Cheese Salad – Cafe at the Mall, Forest City
- Roast Pork Tenderloin Florentine – Michele’s Garden, Rutherfordton
- Champagne Chicken – Point of View, Lake Lure
- Pasta Salad – Forest City Diner, Forest City
- Ol Blues Cavier – Ol Blues House of BBQ, Forest City
- Steamed Vegetqables – Point of View, Lake Lure
Breads & Jelly
- Assorted Artisan Breads – Cafe at the Mall, Forest City
- Kudzu Jelly – Kudzu Konnection, Rutherfordton
- Homemade Jellies & Jams – Farmers Fresh Market
- Chocolate Brownies – Point of View, Lake Lure
- Petit Fours – Granny’s Bakery & Sub Shop, Spindale
- Raspberry Cheesecake with Chocolate Crust – Cafe at the Mall, Forest City
If you get new articles sent to your email inbox and can’t see the photo gallery below, click here.