Old Edwards Hospitality Group Brings in Heather McNally-Gonzalez as New Executive Pastry Chef
Previously with Biltmore Estate and Grove Park Inn.
Old Edwards Inn and Spa announces the appointment of Heather McNally-Gonzalez as Executive Pastry Chef. Heather will oversee all aspects of the pastry operation at Old Edwards, including banquets, weddings and the multiple dining venues at Old Edwards Inn and Spa.
Heather worked most recently as Stable Café Pastry Chef at Biltmore Estate and before that as Pastry Chef at Grove Park Inn and Resort. She graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania Academy of Culinary in 1996 and has continued her education through regular seminars on desserts, confectionaries, wedding cakes, French cakes and tarts, chocolates and showpieces.
Old Edwards Executive Chef, Johannes Klapdohr, who is also classically trained, says, “After a careful search for the right fit with our culinary program at Old Edwards, we are excited to be working with Heather. She brings the right balance of foundational knowledge with the creative, innovative spirit to produce pastries with a high degree of indulgent satisfaction for our guests.”
Heather says, “I am a baker at heart, and then a pastry chef.” She is known for mastering classic flavor combinations—familiar profiles that bring a level of comfort and nostalgia—and then adding a little twist. For Heather, that twist often comes in the form of chocolate, one of her favorite ingredients which she likes to lace with lavender, peppermint and other interesting complements. Heather says, “For the approaching holiday season, you might see some creations inspired by the flavors of chocolate cherry cordials or some holiday-inspired truffles.”
Heather’s Professional Accomplishments
- James Beard Foundation, 167w. 12th St. New York, NY 10011: Pastry Chef at October 25, 2001 dinner hosted by The Historic Hotels of America.
- Featured in Signature Series of Pastry Art and Design Magazine, February/March 2002
- Taught cooking classes at A Southern Season, Chapel Hill, NC. September ’05, February ’06 and September ‘06
- Awarded Culinarian of the Month at the Hyatt Regency Crown Center, Kansas City, MO April 1999
- Awarded Scholarship to the Telluride Film Festival, Telluride, CO. September 1996, worked under Chef Anne Cooper, author “A Woman’s Place Is In The Kitchen”